Published on October 1st, 2018 | by William Charles6
[Targeted] Barclays – Open A Savings Account & Earn 5,000 JetBlue Points
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: 5,000 JetBlue points
- Availability: Targeted, must be JetBlue cardholder
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 15th, 2018
No direct link, targeted offer sent out via e-mail
- Barclays is offering some JetBlue cardholders 5,000 JetBlue points when they open a Barclays Online Savings Account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $10,000 or more within 90 days of account opening
- Have a balance of $10,000 or more at the end of this 90 day period
The Fine Print
- Offer is valid for JetBlue cardmembers in good standing and is not transferable.
- Cardmembers will earn 5,000 bonus TrueBlue points after opening a Barclays Online Savings Account before December 15, 2018, and making deposits totaling $10,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening.
- If your total deposit balance does not meet or exceed $10,000 at the end of this 90 day period you will not be eligible for any bonus points as part of this offer.
- To receive your bonus points, your JetBlue credit card account must be open, active and in good standing. Your bonus points will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end
of the promotion.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
This bonus is too small to be seriously worth considering. The account does come with a 1.9% APY, but there are so many other basic high yield savings accounts earning up to 2.25% APY that 1.9% is really not that competitive. The bonus itself is too small, even though JetBlue points are worth more than 1¢ each towards flights. I won’t be adding this to our list of the best savings account bonuses but it is interesting to see Barclays enter the bonus game.
Big thanks to reader, Celestino who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times