Published on January 11th, 2016 | by William Charles3
Best Posts Last Week: Death Of MS, 100,000 Platinum Offer, $1,875 In Bank Bonuses & Great Hotel Deals
If you manufacture credit card spend, last week was an absolute nightmare. First we found about the negative changes coming to new & existing customers of Nationwide Buxx, then Evolve announced that it was shutting down on February 1st and last but biggest of all American Express shut down a lot of Serve & Bluebird accounts (there’s also some ideas of what’s left in that linked posted as well).
On the credit card front, there was much better news. It’s possible for some people to get 30,000 SPG points on their American Express card and 100,000 points on the personal Platinum American Express (you can also get some free money from AmEx if they don’t issue you an instant credit card limit). All three of the Chase Southwest cards are back at 50,000 points and now is the perfect time to go for that companion pass. TD have also increased the sign up bonus to $200 on their cash rewards card.
It was also a crazily good week for bank account bonuses, we’ve updated our best of page for January. The following offers from last week are worth considering as well: Webster Bank $250 bonus for those in NY, MA, RI and CT, HomeStreet $200 bonus for those in CA & SunTrust $400 business bonus for those in [AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA, and D.C Only].
As always there were a bunch of good deals last week (make sure to follow us on Twitter so you don’t miss any). eBay is holding a sale on gas giftcards, with a 5% discount and you can get $25/$50 off any hotel with American Express you can combine with this $60 off $300+ at Hilton properties).
As always, I hope everybody had a good week. If we missed any deals that you think we should have posted, please let us know (email@example.com).
All Of Our Posts
- All Three Chase Southwest Cards At 50,000 Points – Good Opportunity For Companion Pass
- [YMMV] American Express Platinum 100,000 Offer Available Via AmEx Pre-Approved Offers + Other Deals
- [YMMV] Starwoods Preferred Guest American Express Personal 30,000 Point Offer
- Get An Additional Bonus If American Express Doesn’t Give You A Temporary Credit Limit
- TD Cash Visa – $200 Sign Up Bonus
- Retention Offers: Keep this in Mind When Calling Citi
- What Counts as Gas/Transportation for 5x with Freedom and Discover?
- Fidelity to Drop Amex, BofA and Transition to Visa, US Bank
- How Much Are FlexPerks Points Worth?
- List of Credit Cards that Issue an Instant Card Number Upon Approval
- PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express Card Review – 5x On Airfare + 20,000 Point Sign Up Bonus
- Red Roof Inn RediCard+ Credit Card Review + Get The Card Without A Hard Pull
- TD Bank Removes Their 5% Cards From Website
- Best Bank Account Bonuses For January, 2016
- [NY, MA, RI and CT only] Webster Bank Up To $250 Checking Promotion – Direct Deposit Optional + $50 Referral
- [CA Only] HomeStreet Bank $200 Checking Bonus
- SunTrust Business Checking $400 Sign Up Bonus [AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA, and D.C Only]
- M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus [CT, DC, DE, FL, MA, MD, NJ, NY, OR, PA, VA, WV]
- Keybank $200 Checking Bonus [AK, CO, ID, IN, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA only]
- Regions Bank $250 Checking Promotion [Atlanta, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Nashville, Dallas, Houston, Austin]
- PNC $300 Checking Bonus [ AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV]
- BBVA NBA $125 In Giftcards Checking Bonus – Nationwide ($5k Fundable With Credit Card)
- Consumers Credit Union Decreasing The APY On Their High Interest Checking Account
- Bank Of The West: $10 Bonus For Using Pop Money Or Bill Pay For Existing Customers
- Citi – Up To $500 Bonus Interest (Why This Bonus Sucks Big Time)
- eBay: Save 5% on Gas Gift Cards – Exxon, BP, Chevron, 76, Circle K, Speedway, Conoco, Phillips
- Amex Offers: Save on Any Hotel with $50 Off $250 or $25 Off $100
- Acme: $5 Off $50, Unlimited Uses, Works on Anything [NY,NJ,PA,DE]
- Free $50 eBay Coupon with Selling on eBay & How Anyone Can Do It
- [YMMV] $20 Off $100+ At eBay.com
- #AmexHilton: Spend $300+ On Hilton Hotels & Receive $60 Statement Credit + Stack With Other Offer For $110 Statement Credit
- Cautiously Optimistic that Amex Offers Are Back to Normal
- Spend $25, Get $5 From American Express At NYC & Chicago Restaurant Weeks
- [Expired] $100 eBay Gift Card for $95 + 5x & More
- RIP: The End of Serve & Bluebird & SoftServe for Manufactured Spend + What’s Left
- Evolve Money To Shut Down On February 1st, 2016
- Negative Changes To Nationwide Buxx Cards
- Best Options For Loading Serve Online
- Keeping your Serve & SoftServe Prepaid Fee-Free
- Bluebird & Serve Can No Longer Be Used at International ATM
- #Ask A Banker: Your Questions Answered: Money Order Deposits
- Payments Workshop
- A Look Back At My Predictions For 2015
- Best Debit Cards For International ATM Cash Withdrawals
- Got A Blog? I’ll Read It.
- Our 20 Most Popular Posts For 2015
- A Look Back At My Predictions For 2015
- What Happens When Competing Second-Hand Gift Card Exchanges are Owned by the Same Company?
Around The Web
- Recap: 2016 Year Of Reselling? Liquidate Remaining GCs, Awesome Tips, AA Platinum Status Match & More
- Recap: Dividend Categories, $300 Staples Update, Reselling Tools, Staying Organized & Luggage That Follows You
- Recap: Blackhawk Purchases Giftcards.com, Profit From Airport Car Parking, Old Blue Cash Being Advertised & A Terrible Credit Card Offer
- $30 Off First Ride With Uber, Project Fi, Nationwide Buxx Changes 11th Jan & Netflix Expands To 190 Countries
- Recap: End Of Passport Free Travel In Europe?, Alternatives To Airport Parking, Free High Speed Internet In NYC, Spirit CEO Fired & More
- Recap: Brazil To Go Visa Free, Three Sets Of Predictions For 2016 & Balance Transfer Offers, Iris ATMs & More
- Recap: Hilton Changes, Register Your Drone, 5.5 MS Cards, Disappearing eBay Gift Cards, BofA Co-Branded Cards & More