Published on September 17th, 2017 | by William Charles12
[Expired] [Targeted][NV] Nevada State Bank $150 Checking Bonus
This deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses here.
Note fine print states: Offer is valid to only the recipient of the postcard and is subject to change at any time. This is enforced.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: NV only?
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: 10 debit or credit card purchases
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, inquiry sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $9, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: October 13, 2017
- Nevada State Bank is offering a checking bonus of $150 when you meet the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Receive direct deposit(s) totaling $500
- Make 10 debit or credit card purchases
The Fine Print
- Checking accounts require a minimum opening deposit ranging from $20 – $100 and a fee for early closure may apply.
- To qualify for $150 bonus: Open any Nevada State Bank checking account by 10/13/17 and keep it open 90 days AND participate in direct deposit for the first 60 days AND make ten (10) credit or debit card purchases within the first 60 days.
- Qualifying direct deposit will be a one-time direct deposit of at least $500 OR multiple direct deposits totaling at least $500.
- Applicable bonus will be deposited into checking account within 60 days of completion of qualifications.
- Qualification and account requirements must be met in order to receive the bonus. Existing Nevada State Bank clients are not eligible.
- Offer is valid to only the recipient of the postcard and is subject to change at any time. (This is enforced)
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Basic checking is the easiest account to keep fee free. It has a $9 monthly fee that is waived if you do any of the following:
- Direct deposits into the account of $500 per statement cycle,OR
- at least one usage of the NSB credit card2 of the primary checking account holder during the statement cycle to make a purchase or cash advance,OR
- maintain an average daily balance of $1,500 or more during the statement cycle,OR
- provide proof of school enrollment for the primary account owner (valid for students under age 24),OR
- show valid military identification to have fees waived until ID expires.
Account also needs to be kept open for at least 90 days
Pretty good bonus, it’s a shame that there is no credit card funding and that they are also sensitive to too many ChexSystems inquiries. I will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses, but will make note of the fact they are ChexSystems sensitive.
Big thanks to reader, Rusty who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications