Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide with $5 donation, terms state the bonus is New members only in Pueblo County and any county that touches Pueblo County
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Mixed datapoints
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit:
- Expiration date: September 30, 2021
- Premier Members Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new earn big free checking account and establish a direct deposit of $500+ within 30 days of account opening and use the promo code NEWINPUEBLO
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new personal checking accounts opened between 6/1/2021 and 9/30/2021.
- A new membership account must be opened with a Checking account and direct deposit of $500 or greater in order to be eligible for the bonus.
- Direct deposit must be new to Premier Members CU and must be payroll, pension, Social Security, or other government benefits.
- Requirements must be met within 30 days of account opening and the cash offer will be deposited into the new checking account no later than 30 days after requirements being met.
- Limited time offer.
- The $200 cash offer is considered interest and is subject to IRS and other tax reporting. The Earn Big Free Checking account is a tiered checking account.
- Visit PMCU.org for applicable rates.
- Qualifying direct deposit of your payroll or benefit must be a cumulative amount equal to or greater than $500 per month.
- New members only in Pueblo County and any county that touches Pueblo County.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any EATF.
Premier Members Credit Union has a reverse tier money market account that offers 4% APY on the first $2,000. This $200 bonus seems relatively easy, we just don’t know what will work as a direct deposit and if it’s actually a hard or soft pull. It’s also super location restrictive which makes it less appealing.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times